This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

[Resolved] Found faulty feature but when trying to remove it Clean Up reports an "An error has occured"

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM
Edited Aug 21, 2015 at 6:31 AM
Hello,

I downloaded the SharePoint 2010 Version of the SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool as we use SharePoint 2010 Foundation (2 WFE) on Windows Server 2008 R2.
SharePoint Configuration database version is: 14.0.7143.5000

Our Health Analyzer is reporting: Missing server side dependencies.

[MissingFeature] Database [Prod_WSS_Content_DB01] has reference(s) to a missing feature: Id = [ab867246-0bbe-4c6a-a798-5ed6ab08c258], Name = [Bamboo World Clock And Weather Web Part], Description = [The World Clock and Weather Web Part uses web services to display forecast and current weather, along with date and time for the US and around the world.], Install Location = [Bamboo.WorldClockAndWeather]. The feature with Id ab867246-0bbe-4c6a-a798-5ed6ab08c258 is referenced in the database [Prod_WSS_Content_DB01], but is not installed on the current farm. The missing feature may cause upgrade to fail. Please install any solution which contains the feature and restart upgrade if necessary.
[MissingSetupFile] File [Features\Bamboo.WorldClockAndWeather\WebParts\Bamboo.WorldClockAndWeather.dwp] is referenced [22] times in the database [Prod_WSS_Content_DB01], but is not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature/solution which contains this file. One or more setup files are referenced in the database [Prod_WSS_Content_DB01], but are not installed on the current farm. Please install any feature or solution which contains these files.

The missing server side dependencies message appears for many other databases. The actual reason to download the SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool and run it against our farm.

The tool finds exactly the faulty feature with the ID ab867246-0bbe-4c6a-a798-5ed6ab08c258. I'm able to click on YES from the dialog but then an error message appears.

I have verified that the account I'm using has been qualified to the prerequisites stated at the home page: The account has dbOwner rights to the SharePoint Configuration database and to every content database, The account is having Full Control at each of our Web Applications and is a member of the farm administrators group. The tool has been started locally on a SharePoint Instance.

The faulty feature is the Bamboo World Clock and Weather WebPart Solution (http://community.bamboosolutions.com/forums/t/135.aspx) and I'm in contact with the Bamboo support as well but they recommended to use the SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool.

This is the error message I'm getting by the SharePoint Feature Administration and Clean Up Tool:

System.InvalidOperationException: Feature 'ab867246-0bbe-4c6a-a798-5ed6ab08c258' is not activated at this scope.
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Remove(Guid featureId, Boolean force)
at FeatureAdmin.FrmMain.<>c__DisplayClass4.<removeFeaturesWithinWebApp>b__3()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
at FeatureAdmin.FrmMain.removeFeaturesWithinWebApp(SPWebApplication webApp, Guid featureID, SPFeatureScope featureScope)
at FeatureAdmin.FrmMain.<>c__DisplayClass7.<removeFeaturesWithinFarm>b__6()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
at FeatureAdmin.FrmMain.removeFeaturesWithinFarm(Guid featureID, SPFeatureScope featureScope)
at FeatureAdmin.FrmMain.findFaultyFeatureInCollection(SPFeatureCollection features, SPFeatureScope scope)

Please let me know if you need any other information to help to fix the issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers
Joerg
Aug 27, 2015 at 6:55 PM
Try new release 2.4?
Marked as answer by Knoerchen on 8/28/2015 at 2:12 AM
Aug 28, 2015 at 10:12 AM
PerrySharePoint wrote:
Try new release 2.4?
Yes, it's working for me now! Thanks a lot!