This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Thanks - solved

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Just a quick note to say thanks for this project.  I was having an upgrade issue and was able to identify the faulty feature using your tool.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Oh my God, your product saved my job!

I had installed a third party webpart that did not serialize its session state and with another session state in play, well it was sessionstate war there for a while.

Removing the part did not fix the application pool issue, neither did ANY of the other STSADM commands to squash the conflicting SessionState.

Within 5 minutes of installing your application, I found the package, had it removed and quickly asked my NetAdminfor to perform a backup.

Thank you for a great tool!

Jason

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Saved my day!!! Thanks...

Sep 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Your tool works like a charm but only problem is it is showing all faulty feature one at time.Is there any way we can see all faulty feature in one shot

Oct 9, 2011 at 9:09 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Hello aminmihrh,

If there are several faulty features installed wrong, you can see them all in the "blue" list in the "Farm Feature Administration": They will have the scope "error", instead of Farm, WebApplication, Site or Web.

If there are several faulty features within a sitecollection or within a web, you can see the same in the "orange" windows, where you can "Remove/deactivate features".

Did this answer your questions or do you really want to run through the farm only identifying features? (This will sum up fast, if you have plenty of webs and each one has the same 2 or 3 faulty features ...) 

Kind Regards,

Achim

ps: And thank all of you for this wonderful feedback! I am happy to see, that the FeatureAdmin tool is of good use out there, that is exactly what it was meant for! :-D

Nov 7, 2011 at 4:10 PM

very useful.

The Tool helped with a problem resulting from moving a site collection from enterprise to standard license.. (missing feature)